Click Nuffnang today!

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Bolster Laundry bag ~ (BLB)







I would like to share with you the steps of making a laundry bag from a bolster case. o (∩ ω ∩) o

Easy peasyy!  It would be a 2 minutes job if you have a sewing machine. :-! However you will be able to do it ... within 10 minutes without a sewing machine..I promise! =D

Before we start the sharing session. If you are not sure of what is a bolster... click here for more info ~~http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Used-Bolster-Buying-Guide-/10000000177319924/g.html

Once you have the idea of bolster case, please proceed. =))
Firstly, get a bolster case, which you don't want to use or you have extras at home.



 
Lay the case flat on a table and cut the case into 2 parts. You could either have it both the similar size or you could adjust the size to make it (One bigger than the other).

But for my tutorial,  I cut it into 2 half in the middle.
From the drawing below, you can see the drawstrings are at the end of the case. These will be used as the tie up of the bags. 



After cutting them into half, turn the wrong sides out.
Sew 1 inch from the part you just cut to make it into a bag.


Et Voila!!!  You will have 2 laundry bags ready in no time!!

At home, I have 2 laundry bags made of bolster case. I made it for my daughter's daily clothing from the daycare. It is very handy to have 2 as I can wash it every alternate day. 

dirty clothes in, tie up bags,go home, throw the dirty clothes in the washing machine and so does the laundry bag. 

Do share me a pic if you have tried one!

~(@^_^@)~   o (∩ ω ∩) o




If you have a small pillow for kids, you could also make it as a pillow case for them. Cute!

I will upload my daughter's photo soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment